Same sex marriage should be legal in China.
Introduction
People should respect the right of every individual to choose their own life style. China is the fourth largest country in the world with a population of 1.3 billion. There are an estimated 30 million gays and lesbians living in China. Nowadays being a homosexual is still very hard in China, especially in mainland China. Most of the homosexual choose not to reveal their sexual orientation because they are afraid, and under the pressure from families and society many of them even marry with someone of the opposite sex in fake marriages.
In this article I’m going to make the argument for legalization of same sex marriage in China. I will the divide the argument into three parts; each of them will talk about different reason why same sex marriage should be legal in china with back up evidence. The first arguments will talk about homosexuals should have equal rights as well as other people. Second, homosexuality is a victimless crime and shouldn't be a crime because of that. Lastly, I will negate that gay marriage is a threat to the institution of marriage.
Hey :)
回覆刪除Interesting topic. I would have to say no to same sex marriages just because of my religion and my beliefs have taught me. But I look forward to reading your blog when your done !
I agree with Clarice. Although China may have a lot of homosexuals, I think what impacts the decision of having same-sex marriages is religion and traditions.
回覆刪除Coming from a chinese background, I know that most chinese people frown upon same sex relationships. Even to the point of abandoning their children if they find out they were gay.
It's all about "face" and keeping "face" in the family since chinese people are so family orientated. Bringing shame to you family's name is on par with crime for chinese families.
Firstly, to point out this issue, I have to say, the author himself is a critical theortist, which is good to develop an in-depth topic. With reference to this topic, generally, the position of equity is the key,which the author also mentioned and reasonable. For China's current situation, it might be a way to solve the unbalanced gender population from the national view.However, the moral value is widely against with homesexualism from the older generation in China, most of whom indicats shames on it. To stand out their own idea or changellge traditional ethnics used to be treated as an explanation from outsiders. Without any in depth commucation with gays/les,i can not demonstrate their thoughts. Anyway, I respect individual choice on companion and hold happinese is the key.
回覆刪除I stand by my convictions and do not approve of same sex marriage. I have relatives and friends who are homosexuals whom I respect and love. They are aware of my beliefs and are respectful in return.
回覆刪除I like the template design you have used for the blog. Well done! It looks nice :)
回覆刪除Hi Verity :*)
回覆刪除Here's my response to your question.
Yes there is evidence that maintaing indigenous place names preserves an indigenous persons culture & language. Please watch the video's that I have uploaded on my blog so that you may have a fuller understanding of what I mean. Im Tangata Whenua(First Nation). When you take away ones language you take away their identity. When you take away the traditional names that identify those places, you rob that person of their place of standing and their ancestral land. The government of New Zealand is a good one. For example, under the Treaty partnership Maori culture, language and people are treasured. We are recognised. Iam grateful that my people, our language and our traditional place names are being utilised today. Iam proud of the NZ government. They have made a continuous effort to preserve our people, language and traditional place names. New Zealands founding document "Te Tiriti O Waitangi" has sealed these promises. New Zealand Maori are a positive example of a people preserving their language, culture and heritage. All indigenous people of the world look towards us. Hawaii, Wales, Norway for example have modelled their language nests, schools, place name signage, on the Maori pedagogy, determination and language revival approach.
Im interested to know what "Alba" means?
回覆刪除